Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tarot Card of the Day for August 31, AT5

King of Swords
Finally free of the Pentacles! I wish I knew what I did. It might have something to do with the new credit card bill arriving in the mail yesterday, begging to be paid; but I forgot to pull a card yesterday, so...
.
Swords represent Fire; healing, transformation, passion.
Kings represent mastery.
.
In traditional divination, this card is about justice; swords are about decisions, and the king has mastered the art of decision-making. This is Fire's aspect of transformation.

I rather hope this card came up for my dear friend who had surgery this morning; that this mastery of fire is the surgeon's hand and she will have a full recovery. I don't really see anything else in my life at the moment that is relevant to such a powerful, straight-forward card as this.
.
In the name of my beautiful god Cernunnos who rules Fire, and of Hygieia goddess of health, I dedicate this card to her.

No comments: