Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Latest Unwanted Obsession

If you see me playing one-card-draw solitaire on the computer, please whack me upside the head.

If you see me playing it with real cards, leave me alone; I'm cheating.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick our obsessions? I'm one of those aspies who cycle thru them almost as fast as I cycle thru my sock drawer. I almost never go back to one once it's broken, which is a shame, because I've actually had some productive ones [we'll see how long this blog lasts...]. I suppose I need to do a spell to recapture the writing obsession, but I'm hoping that blogging will get me back into it in a more serious, less obsessive fashion. Solitaire is distracting me from work and sleep. Work's on a low ebb, which is how I got sucked into this particular vortex; unfortunately, sleep is on a low ebb, too. I was up until 3 a.m. Wednesday night playing that stupid game, insisting on a win before turning out the light; then ultimately not satisfied with only one win after all of those absurd card combinations.

Temple Grandin has it lucky: a life-time obsession with market value.

I'm so jealous.

No comments: