Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tarot Card of the Day for August 21, AT5*



Judgment

I shouldn't have pulled this while writing my previous rant...

Literal messages aside, Judgment is the second-to-last card in the spiritual journey mapped out in the Tarot. It signifies karma. It's like the weighing of the heart against a feather in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. In blogger terms, it's the final spell-check before you hit the 'publish post' button; the final step of attaining perfection before acheiving unity with the world wide web. In divination, it's fairly literal. It means you have baggage you need to handle [and if you're lucky enough to work for an airline, you can now charge for this].

Of course, there's much more to the symbology, but I'm not writing a book.

Hokus-pokus aside, I'm pretty sure this came up because I was waiting for a webpage to load so I could get a hyperlink for the rant below.



*AT5 = Anno Timmianii 5, the fifth year of the Church of Bad Tim of Latter-Day Reincarnates [for the sake of any scholar who might happen to read this, Timmianii is pidgin latin and does not construe any attempt to correctly use the latin language].

No comments: