Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tarot Card of the Day for August 24, AT5


My Tarot tutor describes this card as a juggler in front of a turbulent sea, indicating that he is juggling his material resources and is unsteady. Tho that's not Waite's description of the scene, he is known to have misrepresented the symbolism to throw off outsiders. The caption link will take you to Waite's published interpretation.

I pulled this card in reversed position. Some don't heed reversals, but I think it deepens the interpretation [or complicates it, depending on the Universe's mood at the moment]. In Papus' system, a two indicates a setback in initial action; Pentacles are earth, so that means material matters. Reversed, it means smooth sailing [let's just hope]. I think it indicates financial recklessness on my part. I forgot to pay my credit card bill this month. I haven't balanced my accounts in so long that my handheld shows a negative balance of over $3,000.00 because I haven't entered my paychecks. Waite's interpretation of 'gaiety' fits in this case, because I've been playing around instead of working, and the reversal is telling me that my bill is overdue. Apparently, VISA has connections in the higher planes.


1 comment:

Susabelle said...

Two of pents...juggling financials...choosing, robbing Peter to pay Paul, and the infinity symbol to me means this is perpetual. If you have this card in a reading, you may very well know that you need to watch your finances, that watching them (and juggling them) is not your forte.