Friday, August 29, 2008

Doric Triumph

OK, now I get it.

Barak Obama gave a slam-dunk of a speech last night, extolling the real virtues of democracy as it was intended to be from the beginning. The neoclassical backdrop, as poorly executed as it was, served as a symbol of what is best about Western civilization as Obama outlined an excellent, ambitious plan to return our country to those ideals, free of the dogma in which the Republican party and its fundamentalist Huns have attempted to mire us. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear the whole speech. I was on my way home from Coffee Coven. I heard most of it, and was deeply impressed. I whole-heartedly support his agenda; they are issues that have been dear to me for years, if not decades. Finally, a candidate for President has stood up and unabashedly call for progressive action without feeling the need to apologize for being too liberal.

I only wish they would have found a competent stage designer. Now every bleeding heart liberal in America is going to want cantilevered Doric porticoes.

No comments: