Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Tarot Card of the Day for Octoboer 8, AT5


Again. I'm beginning to think there's a message here... Pents and an Emperor--hmmmmm.

He's the master of physical reality; I'm a procrastinator. But, last nite when I pulled this card, I had just finished an evening of doing exactly what I wanted: sitting on my ass playing with pretty pictures. So, this is my first Emperor of Pentacles diary entry. We'll see if a pattern emerges.

If I'm obstinant enough, eventually, the cards will fly out of my hands and fall on the floor spelling out the message 'clean up this frakking mess!'. If so, I'll take a pic and share, or laminate those bastards where they lie and sell them on ebay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Your photos and commentary reminded me of the mural of St Emily Transcendent in the Jones Library, Amherst, MA, but alas all I could find was this reference:

"Grillo produced a large mural representing the agrarian and academic elements in the history of the town of Amherst, presided over by the illustrious native poet, Emily Dickinson, levitating appropriately over the scene."

That sums it up, but seeing it is so much better as she manages a 2D lotus.

Still, while looking I found that my old homies have installed this at the new age and academic pilgrimage site of West Cemetery.
http://a0.vox.com/6a00d09e4b25ecbe2b00fad6ad08d00005-pi
http://www.inamherst.com/images/Emily-Dickinson-Portrait.jpg

I have no idea if the angelic symbolism is intentional.