Monday, October 06, 2008

Tarot Card of the Day for October 6, AT5


Pentacles represent Earth; abundance, stability, faith.
Knights represent inexperience; in a feminine suit it is from reluctance.

So, this card can mean financial stagnation. This makes sense, since I am growing more and more reluctant to spend into my savings, even tho I need to do repairs to the house. I suspect the card is saying that the situation is going to continue for the time being. I hope it's also saying, from the stability aspect, that the situation won't get worse. The card also rings true in faith, since I've been reading 'Atlas Shrugged' for about a month now, leaving my spiritual studies to languish; and I've been neglecting Cernunnos for a few weeks.

'Atlas Shrugged' is probably the reason I'm getting financially cautious. It tells of an economic collapse in a speculative America of the 1950's that is eerily similar to current news. It's creeping me out, while Ayn Rand's characters' victorian worldview is giving me the shivers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Atlas Shrugged, and if you think that book is an erie prediction of what is going on, you should read (if you haven't) Jane Jacobs book she wrote in 2004 just before her death, entitled Dark Age Ahead. She pretty much predicts what we are experiencing now, as well as other dangers of our current culture. A great read.

Bad Tim said...

thanks for the tip, MH. jacobs's 'death and life of great american cities' is one of my all-time favorite books, but i haven't found the time to read any of her other works. i'll definitely put this one on my reading list.